Strata Advisory Group (StrataAdvisory Corp., or ‘Strata’) understands the sensitivity with which your personal information should be handled. We are committed to safeguarding your privacy in order to earn and maintain your trust. We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you submit to us is used only for the purposes set forth herein or as otherwise communicated to you at the time you provide us with personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
Use and Disclosure
When personal information is collected from you it may be used by us to send you the information you have requested from our organization or to contact you about products and services that are available from us that are related to your needs and interests.
Removal of or Changes to Information
Strata allows you to change, correct or remove your personal information at any time. If, at any time, you wish to have your personal information removed from our database, if you wish to opt out of receiving any particular communication and/or if you wish to change and/or correct any information which you have previously provided to us, please contact us and we will make the necessary notation, removal, change and/or correction. Our contact particulars are set out below.
We may collect system information from visitors to our site. Your system information (IP address, browser version and resolution) allows us to enhance the functionality that is provided to you.
We maintain security measures in place in order to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information under our control. We take reasonable precautions to attempt to ensure that data stored in our system is secure. Please be advised, however, that the Internet and other various networking communication media are not entirely secure, unless explicitly specified as such, and your information may therefore be subject to interception or loss which is beyond our control. The information and data exchanged or transmitted via the Site is not encrypted and therefore the security, integrity and privacy of any and all such data and information cannot be guaranteed.
This Site is not intended for children. We will not knowingly collect information from or about children. We believe that children should get their parents' consent before giving out personal information.
Our Privacy Principles:
2. Identifying Purposes for Collection of Personal Information: We will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
3. Obtaining Consent for Collection, Use or Disclosure of Personal Information: We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that you understand how your information is used and disclosed by us. We will not collect, use or disclose your information without your consent, except as permitted or required by law.
4. Limiting Collection of Personal Information: We will limit the amount and type of information we collect from you. We will only collect information from you as necessary for the purposes that we have identified. We will collect personal information by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information: We will only use or disclose your information for the purposes for which it was originally collected, unless you give us your consent to use or disclose it for another purpose. However, under certain exceptional circumstances, we may be permitted or required by law to disclose or use your information without your consent.
6. Accuracy of Personal Information: We will strive to keep your information as accurate, complete, current and relevant as necessary. If you identify any errors in your information, please contact us and we will correct the errors.
7. Security Safeguards: We will protect your information with safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
8. Openness Concerning Policies and Practices: We are open about the policies and practices that we employ to manage your information, and will provide you with information about these policies and practices in a manner that is easy to understand.
9. Access to Personal Information: Upon request, we will advise you what information we have about you, what we are using it for, and to whom it has been disclosed or transferred for processing.
10. Challenging Compliance: We will act on any issues you may identify to us with respect to our compliance with this policy and/or our practices relating to the handling of your information.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees Strata's personal information handling practices. If your privacy concerns are not addressed to your satisfaction by Strata you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for further guidance: